|Tutor Sign-up:||MRBS 220.127.116.11|
|System:||Linux ip-172-31-88-17 4.14.143-91.122.amzn1.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Sep 11 00:43:34 UTC 2019 x86_64|
|Server time:||Fri 30 Sep 2022 11:23:11 AM MDT|
Your browser is set to use: en-US, en
Please contact Administrator for any questions that aren't answered here.
- How do I make a recurring meeting?
- How do I delete one instance of a recurring meeting?
- How do I schedule rooms at different sites?
- My meeting failed to be created because of
too many entries!
- What happens if multiple people schedule the same meeting?
About The Meeting Room Booking System
How do I login?
The system can be configured to use one of several methods of authentication,
including LDAP, Netware, and SMB. See your system administrator if you
are having trouble logging in. Some functions are restricted to certain
users, and other users will get the message
You do not have access rights to
modify this item. See your system administrator if this is not working
correctly for you.
If the system is configured to use LDAP authentication, this means that you
login with the same username and password as you use for getting email
Mark Belanger and
Why can't I delete/alter a meeting?
In order to delete or alter a meeting, you must be logged in as the same person that made the meeting. Contact one of the meeting room administrators or the person who initially made the meeting to have it deleted or changed.Top
How do I make a recurring meeting?
Clicking on the desired time brings you into the booking screen. Select the appropriate Repeat Type. The room will be scheduled at the same time, until the Repeat End Date, on the days determined by the Repeat Type.
- A Daily repeat schedules every day.
- A Weekly repeat schedules those days of the week that you check under Repeat Day. For example, use Weekly repeat to schedule the room every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday; check those days under Repeat Day. If you check no days under Repeat Day, the schedule will repeat on the same day of each week as the first scheduled day.
- An N_Weekly repeat is the same as a Weekly repeat, except that the bookings are only made for every Nth week where N is entered under Number of Weeks. For example, to make a booking for every other week, use 2 for the number of weeks.
- A Monthly repeat schedules the same day of each month, for example the 15th of the month. If you select the 29th, 30th or 31st of the month, then for a month where that day does not exist the last day of that month will be used instead.
- A Yearly repeat schedules the same month and day of the month, for example every March 15th. If you select the 29th February, then for those years where that date does not exist the 28th February will be used instead.
- Finally, a Monthly, corresponding day repeat schedules one day each month, the same weekday and ordinal position within the month. Use this repeat type to schedule the first Monday, second Tuesday, or fourth Friday of each month, for example. If you have selected the 29th, 30th or 31st of the month, i.e. the fifth weekday of a month, then for those months where there is no corresponding fifth day, the fourth day will be used instead. (This is a useful way of booking the last weekday in every month).
How do I delete one instance of a recurring meeting?
Select the day/room/time that you want to delete and select Delete Entry.Top
How do I schedule rooms at different sites?
You don't. Presently the system cannot book two different rooms simultaneously. You must schedule each one separately. Make sure that the time you want is available at both sites before making a booking.Top
My meeting failed to be created because of
too many entries!
No meeting can create more than 365 entries. There needs to be some limit on the number of meetings created. This number can be increased if necessary.Top
What happens if multiple people schedule the same meeting?
The short answer is: The first person to click on the Submit button wins. Behind the scenes, the system is using a proper multi-user, multi-threaded relational database than can handle many thousands of simultaneous users.Top
What is the difference between
By default, MRBS defines two meeting types. Internal means that the meeting will only be attended by employees. An External meeting might also be attended by customers, vendors, investors, etc. Your site can define up to a total of 10 meeting types, according to your needs. Meetings are highlighted in the main calendar view with a color corresponding to their type, and a color key of all defined types is shown at the bottom of the main calendar view.Top
How much did the system cost?
Nothing. See the next section for more information.Top
How does the system work and who wrote it?
The Meeting Room Booking System is open source software that is distributed under the Gnu Public License(GPL). This means that software is free to use, distribute, and modify.
The system is written mostly in PHP, which is an open source programming language that can be embedded in web pages similar in concept to Microsoft active server pages. PHP is especially good at accessing databases.
The database used for the system is either MySQL or PostgreSQL. MySQL is a very fast, multi-threaded, multi-user and robust SQL (Structured Query Language) database server that is also GPL. PostgreSQL is a full-featured multi-user open source Object Relational SQL database server.
The system will run on multiple platforms, including the PC architecture using the Linux operating system. Linux, is a free, open source, unix-like operating system.
The web server being used is yet another piece of free, open source software. The Apache web server is the world's most popular web server.
The bottom line is: every piece of this system, from the operating system to the application, is completely free - source code and all.Top