Computerized Testing Policies
To reserve a time to take a test, students will need to log onto http://elc.byu.edu/testSignup with their BYU ID and password, select their class, and then reserve a time.
- Tests are administered on Fridays and times may range from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (last test starts at 1:00 p.m.).
- Reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Scheduled Computerized Tests
Listening/Speaking tests are scheduled for you. You must take the test for your L/S class at the appropriate time.
- 8:00 Academic B
- 9:00 Foundations C
- 10:00 Academic A
- 11:00 GAP
- 12:00 Foundations A and B
Writing tests are not scheduled. You can choose when you take these tests. You can schedule these tests from 8:00 to 2:00. Availability for these hours depends on the scheduled test so you should sign up early for the time you would like to take your writing test.
Taking the Test
- The ELC will provide scratch paper and pencils for the tests that allow it.
- The only tests that allow scratch paper for notes are the Academic Listening Tests and all of the Writing LAT practice tests.
- Pencils and scratch paper need to be returned upon completion of the exam.
- Students will only be able to access the Testing Room through the EAST door of the computer lab. The SASC door will be locked, and the west door will be the entrance for students wanting to use computers for homework.
Students should make Friday Tests a priority. Any non-emergency late test should be cleared by the teacher and the lab staff before the original test date.
Students needing to take a late test should download and print the late test form, have their teacher help them fill out the form, pay the 5 dollar late fee and bring the completed form to the lab. The late test must be administered the Tuesday after a Friday Test immediately after class, unless approved by Mr. Cox.