Academic Vocabulary Class Testing
Students will learn to recognize and use the Academic Word list through independent study and use in all of their classes. Information for this class will be given through the reading teachers.
Citizenship grades will be pass/fail and will be determined solely by taking the tests on Friday. We do NOT administer late tests, however, you can miss up to 3 tests without having any effect on your student status. If you miss 4 or more, your ability to return to the ELC for another semester is in jeopardy.
Scores on the vocabulary test are for your benefit and to help you know the words you need to study to improve your academic vocabulary. We encourage you to review the words that you miss in order to know what you should continue to study. At the end of the semester you will take an Academic Word List LAT. The weekly tests will prepare you for that final exam.
Fall 2013 Test Dates
|12||11/29||Thanksgiving Break - No Tests|
|14||12/11-12||Level Achievement Tests|
|Academic A, B, and C||Rooms 201-205 UPC|
- Come to your assigned room at 9:00 am
- Bring a pencil, eraser and an ID card.
- You must follow BYU Dress and Grooming Standards in order to take the test. Failure to follow the standards will result in receiving a 0 on the test.
- Do NOT bring any bags, books, cell phones, iPods, etc.
- Do NOT talk to other students. Teachers will be walking around and you can ask them if you have any questions.
- Do NOT look at another student’s bubble sheet.
- Do NOT write on the tests—use the bubble sheet.
- Tests end at 9:50 a.m. You must stop writing at that time.
- If you break any of the rules, you will receive a 0 on that test and you will be warned and put on citizenship probation. Any other violations will result in a failing citizenship grade for this class.
Answer/Test Review Session
On the Monday after each vocabulary test, you can meet to investigate which questions you missed and receive limited instruction on those words. Attending this session will help you better prepare for the vocabulary LAT.
|Academic A, B, and C||366 UPC||2:45 pm–3:15 pm|